A great new project that I’m fortunate to be a part of called ‘Keeper and the Soldier’ now has a live Greenlight campaign!
Here’s some information about it:
About Keeper and the Soldier
This game stemmed from a personal project that Jessica, our Project Lead, started in 2009. It was a collection of characters, story, and artwork relating to her efforts in making sense of and coming to terms with her experiences with child abuse. Keeper and the Soldier uses symbolism and fantasy to tell the tale of a young girl’s struggles, inspired by real ordeals. If you would like to learn more/see more in depth, take a look here.
The player controls EMI23 (or Emi for short), a young girl who is destined to be a soldier. She stumbles across the enigmatic creature, the Keeper, in her forbidden excursions to the outer forest. Drawn to the Keeper’s unmarred beauty and sympathizing with its isolation, Emi embarks on a quest to help it recover pieces of an ancient device called the Arca to save the archives of human history before the Keeper’s exhausted life comes to an end. The archives are humanity’s last chance to lay the groundwork for future reconstruction.
Time will tell if her actions bring the dawn of a new era or reveal the most dangerous thing of all:
- Explore a hand-painted, rich, and beautiful immersive world with a forgotten past. Collect clues to its origins through both 2-D platforming and non platforming illustrated sequences.
- Keeper and the Soldier has a linear story in a non-linear game world. The main story between Emi and the Keeper propels the player through the plot. But, as the game progresses and Emi gains abilities, more of the world becomes available, allowing the player to backtrack and approach challenges in multiple ways.
- The game has another type of gameplay that is similar to point and click adventure games. These sequences let the player explore smaller environments in greater detail. The player can interact with objects more directly and intimately than in the larger platforming sections of the game.
- Utilize your stealth skills as agile Emi through guarded areas and outwit your foes with abilities and using the environment to your advantage.
- Experience a touching tale of companionship told through two characters with no one left to turn to but each other.
About the Game
This game stemmed from a personal project that Jessica, the Project Lead, started in 2009. It was a collection of characters, story, and artwork relating to her efforts in making sense of and coming to terms with her experiences with child abuse. Keeper and the Soldier uses symbolism and fantasy to the tell the tale of a young girl’s struggles, inspired by real ordeals. If you would like to learn more/see more in depth, take a look here.
The Keeper and the Soldier team strongly advocates against against child abuse and neglect, and they hope to continue to plan future charitable/awareness events towards this cause. At the moment, they have an on-going GoFundMe Fundraiser.
A message from our CEO:
“Through this game we not only hope to empower players with an understanding of what they may not necessarily know about the harsh reality of Child Abuse, but also give them a game they will enjoy and love playing. I’ve always enjoyed playing games but I am now in a position in which I take part in the creation of games. Keeper And The Soldier is a game with a cause, and a very important one. Please definitely take the time to read through the links provided to grasp a better understanding of what your support means to us. Thank you, from everyone here at Jumpbutton Studios.” – Nick
Please be sure to visit the Steam Greenlight Page for Keeper and the Soldier and show your support!